Friday, April 24, 2015

Be Anxious For Nothing

Today, again, I have felt unsure and unready. When you are nervous or anxious it is difficult to regain focus. I prayed over and over again, but I never was able to regain my calm. I am reminded of Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." I continued to pray, trusting God to relieve my anxiety, and let my requests be made known to God.

The truth is we can pray the same prayer and receive different answers each time. Deep down inside of me there is an instinctual need to trust God, but sometimes I am afraid of the things I see on the horizon. I know I shouldn't be afraid, but I am. My fears are logical, usually, but then there are the irrational fears that involve other people. These fears have to do largely with what other people think or will think based on the outcome. The truth is other people's opinions shouldn't control your actions or responses to events. God's perfect love for us has made us valuable treasures. His opinion is the only one that matters. Focus on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment