Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Turning Back

I don't fully understand today's lesson, but I know it has to do with turning back, about checking facts or confirming knowledge before proceeding, and that in turning back I was prevented from pain or embarrassment. The turning back presented its own puzzle and brought with it feelings of frustration, but there was this undeniable evidence that turning back prevented additional struggles. Despite the fact that one of the turning backs left me confused about tomorrow, I am still grateful and know the benefit of turning back.

I guess the real lesson is changing our attitude. Yes, we could get frustrated by the roadblocks or turn backs (I did) or we could recognize it as God's plan and know it is only for our benefit, which should produce gratitude or praise for God. Think of the family who had a flat tire on the way to Disneyland and missed a huge accident that would have killed them all. That turn back saved their lives. Not everything is meant to frustrate us, but simply meant to redirect us back on to the right path, God's path for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment