Monday, April 13, 2015

Memories

I don't know what to say. Today, I have been sad. Not in tears, not lying in bed, but just beneath everything I felt sadness. There wasn't any reason, as in nothing had happened, but the sadness was still there. Before I get comments about depression or referrals for anti-depressants, I am not depressed. The sadness I feel today is a longing for the one I love, remembering so many wonderful memories, and a desire for restoration. There is also this intense need to get away, away from the places we shared, and just be somewhere else. I want to be far away this minute and yet I have responsibilities that keep me here. I dream of travel, of seeing new places, and meeting new people. My fear of loneliness when I travel alone can't stop me. I must face my fear and accommodate traveling alone. If only because I need to get away. I need change and moving doesn't seem an option. 

I share these moments because I never want anyone to feel ashamed when they experience feelings of sadness. Sadness will happen in each of our lives, but sadness isn't a place we have to stay in. When I feel sad, I pray and I give it all over to God. I can't change the circumstances I am in, but I can pray and God can change the situation. He can either change the circumstances I am in or change my perception of these circumstances. When you feel sad, do not be ashamed, for sadness is a temporary state that can change the moment you begin to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment