Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Decision Making

In life we are faced with many decisions, some easy and some hard, but all that will affect our lives. Over the years I have read or heard many types of advice on how to make decisions: to listen to your heart, to ignore your heart, and to think practically or even to wait and do nothing. The truth is decisions aren't easy and making a choice can't come down to a single factor. My heart might desire a new job, but I can't let that be the reason I quit. I also need to consider how quitting my job might affect my finances or my ability to find a new job. Note this is just an example of a decision and not a decision I am considering.

I think God wants us to consider our decisions prayerfully, turning over everything to Him, and allowing Him time to speak to us about His plan. He also has provided us with people who have wisdom in different areas that we would be able to seek out advice from someone who has understanding. Victory is won through much advice and plans fail for lack of counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment