Saturday, June 6, 2015

Strength In Weakness

Today I had my own thoughts, worries, and concerns. There were issues weighing on my heart and I needed time to process them, but time alluded me. Today, it seemed, my day was about other people: their worries and their concerns. With each new issue, I could feel life energy being drained from me and I wanted to scream out, "Leave me alone!" I wanted to emphatically state they should solve their own problems and stop putting me in the middle. Of course, I didn't and people seek me out because they know I will be there to listen. I don't want to indicate being supportive is a bad thing, but it takes an effect on you. Tonight, I feel myself drained and with more than my own problems to deal with, to think about. I am reminded to lay it all at Jesus' feet and to just find rest, "Come to me all who are weary." We have permission to release our burdens and be weak for a moment. God's strength is made perfect in weakness. Yet even as I rest, I am thinking and boundaries continue to resonate. I might be hurting those I love by not letting them suffer their consequences, something to think about as I rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment