Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Fruit Of The Spirit

Today has been marked by anger and frustration. Anger is creeping up over every area of my life and threatening to seize my heart. I am angry over my circumstances, over the seemingly impossible, and at myself. I am angry that I was unable to have success in the one area that I most wanted to have success in. I am angry, yet it doesn't matter. If my life were a tree, the anger would be thorns, and I find myself needing to prune so the fruit will grow. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). 

I have allowed long-suffering to eat at my heart, leaving room for anger and bitterness to grow, forgetting about nurturing the other fruits on my tree. If I don't stop the "rot" then my tree will die, along with all of my fruit. God wants us to be good gardeners of the Spirit, nurturing it, that our fruit would continue to grow. We can ignore the damage or we can go to God so that He can fix it. Tonight, I am acknowledging the damage done and trusting God to fix it so that my fruit can blossom once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment