Thursday, July 2, 2015

Look Up

S Scripture: "Then Job replied to the Lord: "I know that you can do all things; no purpose of yours can be thwarted. You asked, "Who is this that obscures my plans without knowledge?" Surely I spoke of things I did not understand, things too wonderful for me to know. You said, "Listen now, and I will speak; I will question you, and you shall answer me." My ears had heard of you, but now my eyes have seen you. 
Job 42:1-5

O Observation: "Job, having faced great hardship, is now talking to God, who is showing him his limited knowledge. Job admits God can do all things and no one can stop His purposes. He realizes that he spoke of things he didn't understand; again, his knowledge is limited compared to God's vastness. Job had heard of God, but had never really saw Him until this experience.

A Application: There are many reasons we face hardship and Job proves that our hardship isn't necessarily a product of sin in our lives. The reality is that God can do all things and no one, not even Satan, can stop His purpose. Satan's intent, while he was bringing hardship to Job, was that Job would fail God and curse Him in his suffering, but God's purpose wasn't thwarted and He worked Job's hardships for good. There are things I cannot see, things I do not understand, and things too wonderful for me to comprehend. My place is not to question God's purpose, but to trust that it will be done, that it all will work out for my good. God holds my life in His hands.

P Prayer: God, I am afraid that I will lose the one I love the way I have lost other people. I am afraid that my relationship to the one I love will never be restored. I am afraid that the hurt will never go away. I am afraid to trust anyone again. I am afraid of letting go; of admitting it really is over. I am afraid that I have failed You in love. My heart aches and grows weary, but I pray for courage. I know Your purpose will prevail. In Your loving name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment