Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Love Cherishes

S scripture: "Husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it." Ephesians 5:28-29
O observation: Love cherishes. If you love someone as your own body then joy or pain in one of your lives you both experience. More than the Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you), you move from want to actually treating others as you treat your own body. It is written that loving this other person is the same as loving yourself. A husband's love for his wife is suppose to look like the love Christ has for the church.
A application: When life is frustrating I tend to forget that love cherishes. My pain is very much my own and I focus on my own feelings instead of sharing his experience. His joy isn't my own joy when my life is not joyful. Often this is translated into me treating him as I have been treated and not how I want to be treated. That isn't love.
P prayer: God, please forgive me for treating him as I have been treated instead of cherishing him. Help me to love him as I love myself, that I would nurture and cherish him always. In Your loving name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment