Saturday, July 18, 2015

Love is Honorable

S scripture: "Live with your wives in an understanding way...and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life." 1 Peter 3:7
O observation: Love is honorable. "Of all the relationships I have, I will value ours the most. Of all the things I am willing to sacrifice, I will sacrifice the most for you. With all your failures, sins, mistakes, and faults - past and present - I still choose to love and honor you," (The Love Dare). To honor someone is to set them apart and to acknowledge they are someone special, called for a higher purpose. When you love someone you bring them honor, you value them, and you sacrifice for them because they are set apart.
A application: Honor isn't an option. The love in my heart sets him apart and gives me the desire to sacrifice for him. The honor isn't the problem, but the pain that comes from being rejected. I don't know how to stop the pain without taking away his honor, but love is honorable. I must continue to honor him and trust the rest to God.
P prayer: God, my heart is hurting. Honor is so far from being reciprocated that I have forgotten what it looks like, feels like, and acts like. Yet You have called me to love honorably and I must honor him even when my love is rejected. I ask for Your forgiveness for the times I devalued him or wanted to devalue him to avoid the pain of rejection. Help me that I would find understanding and gain insight. Thank You for Your wisdom. In Your loving name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment