Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Love Is Thoughful

S scripture: "How precious also are your thoughts to me...How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand." Psalm 139: 17-18

O observation: Love is thoughtful. Love is not idle, but is constantly thinking of another person. Our thoughts about the one we love should outnumber the sand and their thoughts should be precious to us. We should desire to include them in our decisions and to think about how our actions will affect them. Our thoughts should be on how we can show them love, meet their needs, and cherish them. Love is always thinking.

A application: I have done a fairly good job of thinking of the one I love, but I will admit that I'm not always good about following through with thought-out plans for the one I love. My intentions are good, but my plans aren't always executed. I need to be more consistent in thinking about how my actions affect others.

P prayer: God, I am not always thoughtful and I don't always think about my actions. Please help me to be more thoughtful. Help me to remember to include others in decisions that affect them. In Your loving name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment